Optimal Property Management is proud of its commitment to provide individual attention to each and every one of its clients and their residents. Our services are specifically tailored to meet the distinctive and exacting needs of each building owner and their properties' tenancy.
Whatever your requirements, we always try to go the extra mile to give you just what you need. That's what makes us the respected and trusted company that we are.
Optimal Property Management can locate qualified tenants. First, rent market surveys are done to determine competitive market rents in any particular location. Optimal Property Management advertises vacancies by means that have proven effective, including: ads in print, Kijiji, Craigslist, and on our own website. Eye catching signs are also affixed on the property itself (where appropriate). A record of calls and e-mails from prospective tenants is kept and follow-up calls are made to prospective tenants.
Applications forms are handed out during showing of the units to all interested prospects. Prospects can also obtain rental applications from this website.
We are very insistent about rent collections. Rents are due on the first of each month and considered late on the second. In the event the rent is not paid, we know all the steps to take , including pursuing legal action.
A management company would not be complete without the ability to handle every possible maintenance issue. Over the years, Optimal Property Management has assembled a team of top quality trades people second to none. We recognize that reliable, timely maintenance will preserve property value and retain good tenants. Each of our preferred vendors has many years of experience.
Because of our sizeable volume of business, we are able to negotiate wholesale vendors rates and pass the savings on to our clients. These include:
- Pest control
- Fire Code inspection and compliance
- Carpet Cleaning
- Appliance repair
- Lock and Key, mailbox
- Handyman service
Outline of our Services:
- Collect rent on the 1st of the month.
- Provide tenants with a written receipt.
- Prepare and serve notice of non-payment of rent [N4] on the 3rd of the month.
- Take appropriate steps in the event the rent is not paid, including legal action.
- Issue yearly rent increases.
- Record and remit monthly rent to owner via direct deposit.
- Provide tenants with a 24 hr. emergency telephone number and general inquiry 9-5 Mon. to Fri.
- Frequently visit property for a visual inspection.
- Obtain quotes and negotiate pricing for any sub-contracting.
- Coordinate maintenance, repairs and renovations.
- Oversee all work performed.
- Payment of invoices.
- Issue rental violation letters.
- Inspect unit when tenants move in and out.
- Tenant grievance resolutions.
- Closely consult with our legal advisors regarding RTA evictions.
- Provide monthly and yearly comprehensive tenant ledgers, expense and income statements.
- Advertise rental, Show vacant units to prospective tenants.
- Reference checks, employment checks, previous landlord(s). Credit check.
- Draw up a RTA 2006 approved lease and sign with new tenants.